Middle DevOps Engineer
4Geeks is a global Product Engineering and Data-Driven Growth Marketing company focused on 10x ROI for startups, small and mid-size companies around the world.
This is a full-time position where you as Software Engineer will be using cutting-edge technology to build intelligent and scalable products. Also, we need you to act as a partner for our clients from beginning to end by listening to their needs and translating requirements into high-quality applications that you will be responsible to deliver. All this, in a fun environment full of new opportunities for learning and growing.
The budgeted compensation range for this role is $18K to $50K annually. Ranges are based on market research and are equitable to other roles within 4Geeks. The actual compensation offered will be based on relative experience and skills. All other team members will join as full-time consultants and will be responsible for paying any taxes or applicable fees where they reside.
We are only looking for candidates based in Latin America.
- Work with developers to understand their needs and improve upon their software development lifecycle, which includes local docker environments.
- Make our deployment process more efficient by understanding what can be optimized and implementing.
- Create and analyze infrastructure dashboards to find inefficient processes, code, or SQL and work with developers to solve them.
- Be able to suggest different technologies we might want to adopt and reasons for doing so.
- Work with our AWS partners to implement any changes necessary to our production AWS infra.
- Analyze ways to save money on our staging environments.
- Set up a robust alerting system for our production infrastructure.
- Be able to own the infrastructure and work with others, including the CTO, to solve production issues in real-time.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a DevOps role.
- Minimum of 1-year experience with AWS in production.
- Experience with building dashboards and alerts in Datadog or New Relic.
- Familiar with JS build tools for minifying/bundling.
- Familiar with git workflow and software development lifecycle.
- Familiar with building pipelines in Gitlab, AWS, Jenkins, or similar.
- SQL knowledge is a plus.
- Detail-oriented, precise, with an analytical mindset.
- A hands-on attitude; hard-working and can work in a fast-paced environment where things change quickly.